[What is Golang?]
“ Engineers experienced with Go received an average of 9.2 interview requests, making it the most in-demand language.” -IEEE.org
- Primary choice for new backend infrastructures creating increase in demand
- Steady rise in job postings
- Backed by Google. Equates to increase in software utilizing Go and thus increase in popularity and influence of the language.
WHO IS THIS FOR:
- Open for women with at least one year of programming experience
- Priority given to BIPOC women
WHAT IS IT:
- Introduction to Go framework
- Capstone API project
- Final panel featuring mid/senior level mentors and HR representatives seeking programmers with Go experience
WHEN & WHERE:
- Next Cohort: TBA
- Live virtual sessions
- Private WITPGH portal for recordings, resources and feedback
- Private Discord community
- $1000/per student
- Scholarships available! More info coming soon.
Cleavon Blair has over 20 years of software development, enterprise architecture, and software management and leadership experience with large, mid-size, small and start-up organizations in various industries, as well as over 15 years as a techprenuer.
- Control Structures
- Arrays, Slices, and Maps
- Structs and Interfaces
- Building Project Structure
- Setup a Basic HTTP Server
- API Endpoints and RESTful Routing
- Sending JSON Responses
- Parsing JSON Requests
- Database Setup and Configuration – will use PostgreSQL
- Database CRUD Operations
- Query String Parameters
- Logging and Error Handling
- Capstone Project Assigned – First half of project will be due for Week 4.
- Assignment Review.
- Review student projects.
- Answer all student project questions – ensure all projects are working
- Assign last half of capstone project.
- Assignment Review
- Review student projects
- Answer all student project questions – ensure all projects are working.
- Final Panel